MM Calligraphy Set 33pc
This 32 piece calligraphy set features 4 classic-style pens and 5 nib grades. The introductory booklet included gives you a letter-by-letter guide to the basics of calligraphic writing as well as plenty of handy tips.
48 in stock
Deliver Within 3-5 Days (For Singapore Only)
100% Secure Payment Checkout
- 4 x classic-style calligraphy pens
- 5 x nib grades: extra-fine, fine, medium, broad and extra broad
- 20 x ink cartridges: 2 x brown, green, pink, orange and yellow, 5 x black and blue
- Ink pen pump for bottled ink (bottled ink not included)
- Introduction to calligraphy booklet
- Excercise book
Inserting the ink cartridge
- To insert your ink cartridge, gently unscrew the black nib of the calligraphy pen and put the cartridge (smaller opening end first) into the opening.
- Hold the inserted ink cartridge against a strong surface, such as a tabletop, and press down firmly on the pen to force the cartridge to click into place. You will hear a click when the back of the pen nib pierces the cartridge.
- Screw the nib back onto the pen and place the calligraphy pen upright for a minute or two, prior to use. Then gently press it onto a scrap piece of paper to start the ink flow (it should only take a couple of strokes for the ink to start flowing). Youâre now ready to start writing!
Using your pen
- To keep the ink flowing smoothly, always hold your pen so that the nib is angled between 30 degrees and 45 degrees to the paper (calligraphy pens are not designed to be used in the same way as stationery pens).
- Note: Medium and broad nibs are a great choice for beginners because they give you more control.
- To keep your nibs in good condition, always clean and return them to the box after each session.
- Wash the nib under lukewarm water after extended use and dry carefully with a soft cloth. Do not allow ink to dry on the nib as this will stop it from flowing. Once clean and dry, replace the cap.
- Carry and store your pen upright (nib upright) to prevent leakage.